We Respect Others Rights, Jan and Steve

Please Note: Portions of this work contain the intellectual property of third party authors and contributors. As such, third party authors and contributors retain all copyrights in the individual works and reserve all rights not specifically granted herein

Local Area Live Music Events

............................................................................................................

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy My Local Live Music/Community Events for Today...YAY

Steve saying 'Hi'  by me [Jan]
First posted on BARTLETT ON BASS, go there for links/ Jan
--------------------
Today is Sunday, February 20th and time again for SHELLY ELYs JAM...7 pm at UNCLE SAMs BAR AND GRILL. That's in Spanaway, WA. on Pacific....So cool. Just saw Shell's post on FACEBOOK for tonight. Here it is...Ready? Me too. From Shell.. "Laurie Johnson kicking ass tonight at Uncle Sam's.. As always.. Plus Jho, Salmon Dave Cox, a naked drummer and Mr. Willit.? Hey, cool Shell...and look.... DYLAN LANNY ENGLAND /drums will be naked! That's new.. WOW! Bet, lottsa ladies show up tonight at UNCLE SAMs. It'll be a good show, so get at Uncle Sam's early. Plus...THREE [3] more great musicians too! WOW...'when it rains it pours...huh, Shelly'. So, that's the fantastic JHO BLENIS/guitar AND Salmon DAVE COX/keys? [please forgive me Dave, we've never met...my name is Jan and my hubby plays a fine bass guitar...and, I write about it. AND, other cool music stuff too]. OK,... Speaking of fine bass guitar...TERRY JAE/bass is up tonight in Shelly's jam ...and LAURIE JOHNSON/harp/vocals. Laurie is the fearless leader for the band 'Careless Hunter' the last time Steve and I saw her...She's always cool. It'll be a great night.

On Thursdays, it's always THE JERRY MILLER BAND [looks like the Jerry Miller Band is starting a new web site...check it out] is playing at UNCLE SAMs, again that's 7 pm. The group members are Jerry Miller/guitar, Denny Foreman/guitar, Dave Erwin/bass, JEFF WALLACE/keyboard/violin, Allen Heath/drums, and RUSS HARRIS/congas/harp. Please send an update guys, if there's been any changes it's not on your new site yet. Thanks. Jan
-------------------
Next up is LIQUID SOUL COFFEE ROASTERs in McKenna. Always a fun place. My wonderful hubby STEVE BARTLETT/bass played at Liquid Soul last Friday night, he's a member of the band, WALTERs BIRTHDAY. It was a great night with a good turn out for this awesome band. Steve loved it.
On Thursday's there's an OPEN MIC hosted by David Wayne at Liquid Soul. Bring your axe down and play some. Starts at 6 pm. That's in McKenna. At the McKenna 'Y' in fact, behind BAYDOS.
That's all live music that's been reported at the Liquid Soul web page. Look at link if you like.
---------------
Now, KENNY WILLIAMSON/drums, Kenny sent me a link yesterday about Music frequency and control. Check it out HERE. Interesting ideas Kenny, thanks. No new live music to report from Kenny. Bet, he's working with his newly created jazz band called NO BOXES. Cool.
--------------
WILLOUGHBYs RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE in downtown Yelm. OK,...SHELLSHOCK doin' Karaoke this past week and, new 'Dance Cages'? What's that?? I'm I getting old or what? I've never remember ever dancing with or in cages, and I've always been real cool. Anyway, never mind that, Willoughby's got new ones [cages]. Check them out. OK.
------------------
THE MANDOLIN CAFE in Tacoma. I know each Sunday at 6 pm DENNY FOREMAN AND FRIENDS host an OPEN MIC at The Mandolin, sign up at 5:30. I found this on FACEBOOK this week, posted by THE MANDOLIN CAFE. I saved it to re-post here. From the Mandolin Cafe on FACEBOOK..." MEMO TO MUSICIANS: The submission form on the website is not working. It adds your information to our database, but does NOT generate an email to notify us of your requests to play. If you have sent a request recently or want to, email music@themandolincafe.com with Band Name, Website, Genre, Contact Name, Email Address & Phone Number, Desired Dates (check the calendar). Thanks! We will work on getting it fixed!". OK, now you got it...straight from the Mandolin Cafe.
Remember, tip well or buy the musician's CD at the Mandolin, musicians do NOT get paid. Get there early for parking. One of my [Jan's] favorite places to relax in Tacoma.
---------------------
RAMTHAs SCHOOL of ENLIGHTNMENT in Yelm. Ramtha's Q & A + Mexico Feast for 3/4 and 3/5 has been canceled.
-----------------
STEVE BARTLETT/BARTLETT ON BASS..This past week, Steve played at Liquid Soul Coffee Roaster's In McKenna. The band WALTERs BIRTHDAY played and he's their awesome bass guy. Cool Steve. It was a great turn out, lots of nice new faces showed up plus old friends and Steve really enjoyed it.
He will again be meeting with guitar/bass instructer MIKE KARNES tomorrow. Mike will be teaching the guitar stuff and my Steve will do the bass instruction for some very lucky kids on March 5th. That's at the KIDS MUSICAL WORKSHOP, that Mike and Steve have been getting ready for. Also, a very mysterious world class vocalist will be doing their thing at this awesome event. [ YAY! I know who, HINT: Starts with...just kidding I won't tell...AND, I don't wanna miss this event]. When I know more, or they let me know more, I'll post it right away...and we'll ALL know. OK? The workshop's location and price have not been given to me yet...what they worried about?...I'd never spoil any of their surprises or anything like that..would I?....come on guys...just a little hint.....pretty please..OK, P-L-E-A-S-E...with sugar on top....pause.... Well, I tried folks. I'll let you know soon, over and out for now. 'Bye'. Jan
-----------------
Remember, If you're a musician, band or club owner in my area, and want your live music event included on my Live Music Report. Please send your gig info. at bartlettonbass@aol.com for review. I will review and post the very best gigs and live music events in the area Thanks for reading my report and supporting live music. 'Jan'...JA ROSE-BARTLETT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TWITTER UPDATES...Follow Us On TWITTER

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers